Friday, October 28, 2011

Provencale Fish

Generally, when we have fish in our house, it will be salmon or barramundi, occasionally fresh tuna, but that is usually reserved for me, Philip isn't the biggest fan. I used rockling in a recipe recently and I thought it was very nice, so ventured out and bought some more for the Provencale Fish. I found this recipe on the Taste website and it originally appeared in delicious magazine.

Ingredients (serves 4)

  • 4 x 180g skinless blue-eye fillets (I used 150g rockling fillets)
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 large red onion, finely sliced (I didn't have red onion, so just used brown)
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 tbs tomato paste
  • 425g canned chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
  • 1 roasted red capsicum (about 75g), cut into strips
  • 12 pitted kalamata olives, halved
  • 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • Steamed chat potatoes, to serve (I decided to do potato mash instead)
I also decided to add an extra ingredient of roasted eggplant, just because I had some in the fridge and thought I would use it. It had already been sliced, so I just popped it into the oven for about 25 minutes, until it was soft enough so that you could scoop out the flesh, very easily.


Preheat the oven to 200°. Place fish in a lightly greased baking dish. Season, cover with foil and bake for 10 - 15 minutes (I had to cook the fish for at least 20 minutes, I did take it out after 15 minutes, but it was not cooked through) until just cooked through.

Meanwhile for the sauce, heat oil in the frypan over medium heat. Add onion and stir for 1-2 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add tomato paste, tomatoes and wine, then cook for 5 minutes until thickened. Add capsicum and olives, (this is where I also added my coooked eggplant) the season. Place fish on serving plates and pour over sauce. Top with parsley and serve with potatoes.

I didn't take a photo of this one like I would normally, next time I make it, I will and add it.

We were both very happy with this meal, the only complaint was 10-15 minutes cooking time for the fish just wasn't enough and I used smaller sized fillets. I would cook for a minimum of 18 minutes. We enjoyed this with a bottle of Point Leo Road Chardonnay.


















No comments:

Post a Comment