Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chicken Roasted on Eggplant and Tomatoes

It was a late dinner tonight due to a kinder committee meeting. I could have easily made something that I have made many times before, but I had chosen a recipe during the day and I was committed to it. So, even though we ate at 10:20pm, we ate well! Philip even said, when a few bites into it, this is nice! Good to hear, I missed that last night.

Ingredients

1 eggplant, thickly sliced
3 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon oregano leaves
sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 chicken breast fillets'
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 180°. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the eggplant slices on the tray and top with the tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Top each pile with a chicken breast and sprinkle with the parmesan and mozzarella . Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese in golden and the chicken has cooked through. Serves 4.

As I know my oven isn't the best and I couldn't see the eggplant cooking enough in 20 minutes, I pre cooked it for 20 minutes before adding the chicken. When Philip called me to say he was on his way home, it went into the oven, so that was at 9:30,
I removed it at 10:20, so 50 minutes as opposed to the 20 minutes stated in the recipe. I did like this recipe as it was very easy, I served it with a spinach and rocket salad with some avocado and we had a bottle of the Red Hill Estate Chardonnay.



This recipe can be found in The Instant Cook by Donna Hay.


No comments:

Post a Comment