Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Asparagus, Potato and Goats Cheese Frittata

Last week I received an order from Doubleday books, I haven't ordered from them since discovering the Book Depository, however they made me an offer I just couldn't refuse! On top of the many cookbooks I already own, I added a few more, one being Donna Hay's A Cook's Guide - The Best of Donna Hay Magazine's, How to Cook.

Tonight I decided to make the Asparagus, Potato and Goats Cheese Frittata, it was very easy to do which is always a plus and tasted great too, if I do say so myself. Next time I make it though, I might try substituting half the potato for pumpkin or sweet potato, just for added flavour. I think I probably have a dodgy oven as I did have to have it in the oven for a lot longer than was stated.

Ingredients

800g sebago potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
16 asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped
6 eggs
1 cup single cream
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
sea salt and cracked black pepper
110g goats cheese, crumbled

Preheat oven to 180° C. Place the potatoes and oil in a 1.5 litre capacity ceramic baking dish and toss to coat. Cook for 45 minutes or until golden. Top with asparagus. Place the eggs, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour egg mixture over the potatoes and asparagus and top with the goats cheese. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the egg is set and the top is golden. Serves 4.


Philip and I enjoyed this with a green salad and a bottle of Monkey Bay Chardonnay.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm looks good, I love a frittata. I don't know if it's your oven either - I often find quiches and frittatas need longer to cook than recipes say they should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sticking with I have a dodgy oven as I want a new one! I have a gas oven which I dislike and it's not wide enough, I bought a great new oven tray last week and the tray is too wide to put into the oven!

    ReplyDelete