Saturday, May 30, 2020

Creamy Pasta

Finding a meal that everyone in the family will eat is a constant challenge. There are no allergies to consider, but there are preferences. I don't eat red meat, neither does Isobel, but she also won't eat fish, which is something I love. Philip likes vegetarian meals, but does like a steak or a rack of lamb from time to time. It's not often I am able to make something that everyone loves. This meal has been made twice now and it will be on regular rotation, especially since it's so quick and easy. This recipe comes from the book Quick Dinners in the Thermomix by Alyce Alexandra. 
I highly recommend this book, it was one I only added to my cart, when buying other accessories, to spend a certain amount so I didn't have pay for shipping, as I have banned myself from buying anymore cookbooks, however I am so pleased I got it as it's got some great recipes in it and they're quick!

Ingredients

500g Penne Pasta
75g Parmesan, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh basil, leaves only
2 garlic gloves, peeled
40g olive oil
250g cream
1 tsp cornflour
Salt, to taste
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
50g rocket

1 Cook pasta according to packet directions
2 Place Parmesan and basil in TM bowl, grate for 2 seconds, speed 8. Set aside.
3 Without cleaning the TM bowl, add garlic and chop for 2 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
4 Add oil, sauté for 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
5 Add cream, cornflour and salt, cook for 3 minutes 100°, speed 3
6 Add Parmesan mixture, cook for 30 seconds 100°, speed 2

Toss pasta with cream sauce, cherry tomatoes and rocket to serve.


I use baby spinach rather than rocket, I love rocket, but it's not a favourite of everyone, so I use what they will eat and there is certainly not thing wrong with spinach. The first time I made this I used Penne and it was fine, however I have since discovered Casarecce pasta, which I find to be superior to Penne, but that's an individual choice, I'm sure you could do it with Spaghetti if you wanted to. I also used cherry tomatoes of multiple colours just to add a little more colour to the finished dish. The olive oil I choose to use, particularly for this recipe is Cobram Estate Basil Infused.




No comments:

Post a Comment