Sunday, May 3, 2020

Cauliflower Cheese Soup Thermomix

I think this is probably my most favourite soup, so tasty and so quick and easy to make. As cauliflower was priced at only $2.50 each today when I went shopping, I bought a couple. This recipe comes from The Convenient Vegetarian by Tenina Holder and you can find it on her website here, Cauliflower Cheese Soup

Ingredients






200g parmesan, cubed
30g butter
1 leek, white part only, cut in pieces
600g cauliflower florets
500g liquid stock of choice
200g cream
salt and pepper to taste
chopped chives for garnish


  1. Place parmesan into TM bowl and mill 10 seconds, speed 10. Remove from bowl and set aside.
  2. Place butter and leek into TM bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
  3. Add cauliflower and stock and cook 15 minutes, 100°, speed 2. 
  4. Add cream and parmesan and puree carefully, 1 minute, speed 8. Taste and adjust seasoning. 
  5. Serve immediately garnished with chives. 
I have made this soup many times now and I always tend to use less cheese, tonight I used 130g which I find gives plenty of flavour. The first time I made it I did use 200g and Philip thought it was a little too cheesy. The parmesan I buy is quite strong which is why I feel I don't need to use as much. I have also made it with a brown onion if I didn't have a leek in the fridge and that works just as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment