Friday, May 15, 2020

Bucatini with Salsa Verde


I was not able to find Bucatini in  our local supermarket, so I used Penne, which is Philip's preferred pasta. Philip really enjoyed this one, me not so much, I think I should have really rinsed the olives. This recipe came from 5 Of The Best by Delicious Magazine and is also available online here, Bucatini with Salsa Verde.

 I don't think I will be making this in a hurry any time soon, just not really to my taste, but I guess you don't necessarily like everything, so there will be the occasional meal I'm not the biggest fan of.

Ingredients

  • 8 anchovy fillets
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons small salted capers, rinsed, drained
  • 2 tablespoons seeded mustard
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon thinly sliced lemon zest
  • 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
  • 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
  • 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
  • 375g bucatini or pappardelle pasta
  • 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves 

Method

  • 1.
    Place the anchovy fillets and garlic on a chopping board and use a mezzaluna or sharp knife to finely chop until you have a paste. Place in a bowl and add capers, mustard and lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine. Gradually whisk in oil until it forms a thick emulsion. Stir in the tomatoes and olives.
  • 2.
    Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to saucepan while you finish the sauce.
  • 3.
    Roughly chop parsley and basil and stir into the sauce. Ladle the sauce into the pasta and toss to combine.
  • 4.
    Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment