Friday, May 1, 2020

Chargrilled Chicken and Vegetable Stacks




Me not working at the moment means I have more time to actually go through my cookbooks and make something other than the standard meals the family are used to. This was something that I really enjoyed, though I made my own changes to suit myself. I took this recipe from Donna Hay's Book The Instant Cook which was published in 2004. 

Ingredients

4 chicken breast fillets, halved lengthwise
2 red capsicum, quartered
1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise
2 small zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
sea salt and cracked black pepper
80g rocket
1 tablespoon pesto
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Preheat a char grill or barbeque over high heat. Place the chicken, capsicum, eggplant, zucchinis, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on the grill before adding the capsicums, eggplant and zucchinis and cooking until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the vegetables tender. To serve, place the chicken, vegetable and rocket in a stack on plates and served topped with the combined pesto and mayonnaise. Serves 4.

I attempted to make some mayonnaise, but it didn't quite work out according to plan, think I added the oil too quickly, so we went without the mayo. I also included pumpkin as well as the other vegetables and used baby spinach instead of rocket. I also topped it with a bit of Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta.


 My grill not big enough to do everything at the same time, so I cooked the vegetables ahead of time and just kept them warm until it was time to cook the chicken.






 The finished stack!




No comments:

Post a Comment