Friday, November 4, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Chicken



I bought some chicken this week and I was going to use it! I love the idea of Simmered Red Curry Chicken and Sticky Thai Chicken, but I know that I have a husband that is not going to be as keen on those as I am. So, I searched for something that woul suit us both and I came acroos the Parmesan Crusted Chicken, mmm, delicious!

Ingredients

4 chicken breast fillets
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 cups finely grated parmesan cheese
cracked black pepper

Preheat the oven to 200°. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg whites then toss into the combined parmesan and pepper to coat. Place in the baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Serve with a simple rocket and tomato salad. Serves 4. I kept in the oven for 20 minutes and the chicken was perfectly done, I wouldn't have kept it in any longer.

*You must use good quality parmesan for a crunchy crust.



I had mine with the simple salad, Philip had his with mashed potato, peas and asparagus (well, truth be told, I had some asparagus too), something a little more substantial for him. This meal definitely got the two thumbs up as Philip commented that it was really nice.

This recipe is from Donna Hay's The Instant Cook and we had this with a bottle of Red Hill Estate Chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment