Monday, November 14, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Balls

I made these for the kids today, something new for Isobel to try and I knew Spencer would like them. I left out one ingredient, the coriander, don't want anything obviously green in it.

Ingredients

500g chicken mince
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup chopped coriander

Preheat oven to 180°. Line a bking tray with baking paper. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and season well. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Roll mixture into 20 small balls. Place balls on prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes until firm and golden.



The first few went down well with Isobel, until she said that she didn't like the green things that were in them, I asked her what she was talking about, she pointed to the onion, then they became inedible to her. Spencer ate his though.

After I made them, I realised I left out one other ingredient by total accident! It was the egg, still they stayed together well without it.

I took this recipe from a free magazine from Coles.

No comments:

Post a Comment