Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mushroom and Leek Quiche

I really quite like frittatas, they're quick and easy. However, Philip likes quiche, he likes pastry. So after cleaning out my pantry on Sunday afternoon, I thought I would make individual quiche with salad for dinner. This is the recipe I used, but I did make my own shortcrust pastry, recipe from the Thermomix EDC.

I sliced the leek and the mushrooms, then after blitzing the garlic TMX style I added them with a bit of butter. Cook for 5 minutes on 100,  speed 1. While that was happening I whisked the other ingredients together. The first time I made this I did blind bake the pastry, but this time I thought I would see if I could get away with not doing it and I did. I rolled out my pastry and put into individual quiche/tart tins and spooned the leek and mushroom mixture on to the pastry and poured the sour cream mixture over the top. Baked for 35 minutes in a 180° pre heated oven. 

The salad was a spinach and rocket with thinly sliced pear, scattered with walnuts and shaved Parmesan. Dressed with balsamic and olive oil. 









No comments:

Post a Comment