Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Italian Wonderpot

Pinterest is often a great source of inspiration for food, though I have to admit I have pinned far more than I have made, but this is where this recipe came from. The idea that you can just add all the ingredients in one pot and cook for 15 minutes is certainly very appealing. However, since I bought my Thermomix I have not taken the big pot out f the drawer and I wasn't going to this time. This is the recipe for Italian Wonderpot I used, but this is what I did for the Thermomix. :)

First of all I halved the recipe, I didn't want to be making for six and changed slightly, so that meant the ingredients were as follows:

2 cups vegie stock
1 tbsp olive oil (I used basil infused oil)
170g of Linguine, broken in half
150g fresh baby spinach
1 can diced tomatoes (I didn't feel the need to only use half a can)
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
shaved Parmesan to serve

Place onion and garlic in bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7.

Add the rest of the ingredients, though only half the spinach and cook for 10 minutes on 100 reverse, speed soft. Add the rest of the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes. Great to do on a lazy Saturday night when takeaway could be on the agenda. I dedcided not to add Feta, mainly because I didn't have any, but generally always have Parmesan. Mine version has a little more liquid than in the picture from the Budget Buys website, but that's because I used the whole can of tomotoes. There is less liquid in the left overs next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment