Wednesday, November 9, 2011

White Fish with Pine Nut Brown Butter



I went to the fish shop today and bought some swordfish, they were out of rockling and I was pretty sure I had a recipe marked that called for swordfish. Of course when I got home, I couldn't find the recipe I was thinking of, but found another so it all ended well.

Ingredients

100g butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons pine nuts, roughly chopped
2 firm white fish fillets (I used swordfish)
steamed greens to serve

Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until butter is light golden in colour. Add lemon juice and pine nuts and cook for one minute. Add fish to pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or to your liking. Serve fish on steamed greens (I used brocollini), with the brown pine nut butter sauce. Serves 2.

I did receive positive comments from Philip, so that was good and it was very nice, I made sure I put the brocollini through the pine nut brown butter before I put it on the plate and I also included roasted amoroso tomatoes.



We had a bottle of Red Hill Estate Chardonnay to share on this very warm, stormy night.

This recipe comes from Marie Claire - Food Fast by Donna Hay first published in 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment